Monday, December 1, 2014

A Marshmallow World

I absolutely love love looooove marshmalloooows!!  So fluffy and full of sugary sweetness.  I used to stuff my beautiful face with marshmallows until my stomach hurt so bad I would passout from a sugar overdose.  Sorta the same feeling when you passout in the middle of the afternoon from day drinking except you don't wake up with a hangover. So since I've been paleo I haven't been able to master the making of... dun dun dun... paleo marshmallows.  I've had several failed attempts and tears from being such a loser.  Because in my world I'm a perfectionist and want to get things done right the first time buuuut not in the real world. The real world helps me appreciate my flaws.  So my hand mixer wouldn't work well at all.  Left the gelatin half soupy and half jello like. I had a friend attempt to make me a whisk attachment so I could use his drill. Fabulous idea but still didn't make the fluff.  So a few weeks ago I saw that Target commercial with the little girl dancing around with marshmallows and the song, "A Marshmallow World" was playing in the background, well that song and commercial did it for me. I started to crave marshmallows every time I saw the commercial and heard the song. So I decided I was going to try again and give it one last go.  This time I decided to get a Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer so I could make the perfect marshmallows. Thanks to Craigslist I found a gently used one for an amazing price and thanks to my mom she bought the mixer for me as an early Christmas gift.  If you're reading this mom, thank you and I love love looooove my mixer!!  You're the bestest Santa ever!!  The fun part was picking up the mixer way out in Surpise, AZ where all the Snowbirds live and trying not to run over the old fogies driving extremely slow in their golf carts.  So anyway, I attempted to make the marshmallows and they came out suburb!  I coated mine lightly with coconut sugar and cinnamon. I ate so much I gave myself a tummy ache and went into a raw honey coma. I found the recipe at The Urban Poser, http://urbanposer.blogspot.com/2012/11/rustic-homemade-marshmallows-whoney.html?m=1. These marshmallows are so worth overeating. They also taste scrumptious in coffee with baileys (not strict Paleo) and of course hot cocoa.  Which tomorrow I will be making Mexican Hot Cocoa (Paleo style of course) just for the soul purpose of using these wonderful squares of fluff.  Cheers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment